Great box this week! Our network of growers are delivering some amazing produce. In addition to a nice assortment of leafy greens, we also have corn and cherry tomatoes as well as more delicious blueberries from Dwight Miller and Son Orchards. Check out below to see what else is in this week's Dogma Box.
Corn on the cob has arrived this week from Lakeside Organics in Hadley, MA. Juicy and sweet these husks will keep you well fed and happy. Wonderful when simply grilled, corn can also be prepared in a variety of ways. Fresh kernels make a great addition to every meal from salads to bread and baked goods.
Because synthetic pesticides are not applied to organic corn, worm damage is normal and part of the organic growing process. This week's corn is looking pretty clean, but if you encounter a worm, they pose no harm and the damage is usually isolated to the tip of the corn. So that you do not miss out on one of summer's finest eating experiences, you can simply chop off the tip with the worm.
This week’s Dogma Box includes:
- Bunched Beets – Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Calaloo - Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Green Bell Peppers - Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Kale - Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Green Leaf Lettuce - Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Blueberries - Dwight Miller & Son Orchards (E. Dummerston, VT)
- Cherry Tomatoes -Lakeside Organics (Hadley, MA)
- Sage - Happy Valley Organics (Hadley, MA)
- Corn on the Cob - Lakeside Organics (Hadley, MA)
The included recipes utilize many of the produce items that you’re receiving in this week's Dogma Box.
What are you cooking this week? Feel free to share with us at any time! For more recipes, check out the Produce Info, Storage Tips and Recipes section on our website and browse recipes by item. Here you can find nutritional information, preparation tips, and recipes for each produce item we offer. Happy eating from your friends at Boston Organics!