Our Dogma Box includes organic fruits and vegetables sourced as close to Boston as possible throughout the year. Similar to a CSA or farm share, this box is filled with the best organic produce from local and regional farms.
We know what you're thinking- "How do you have regionally grown tomatoes in the middle of winter?!?!"
The answer (and this week's Dogma Box tomatoes) comes from L'Abri Vegetal, a member of Vermont-based Deep Root Organic Coop. Just across the Canadian border, Fréderic Jobin-Lawler grows these delicious tomatoes in his hot house using geothermal energy and we're sending them out to you as a special middle-of-winter treat.
The strikingly beautiful watermelon radishes come from Winter Moon Farm, along with the beets, parsnips, and carrots!
This week’s Dogma Box contains:
- Beets - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Carrots - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Parsnips - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Watermelon Radishes - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Potatoes - Maple Row Farm (Ashfield, MA) or Nature's Circle Farm (Aroostook County, ME)
- Empire Apples - Dwight Miller Orchards (East Dummerston, VT)
- Onions - Porter Farms (Elba, NY)
- Turnips - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Tomatoes - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
We know that our loyal Dogma Box customers haven't seen a tomato for a few months, so if you're looking for a good recipe, grab some of our favorite Feta from Neighborly Farms and try this recipe for Fusilli with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese.