Every week we put together a local box (which we call the "Dogma Box") to help people eat food that's both organic AND local! The Dogma Box includes produce that has been sourced as close to Boston as possible, and this week we've got some great items from Massachusetts and Vermont.
This week's Dogma Box includes:
- Broccoli Sprouts - Jonathan's Organic (Rochester, MA)
- Cranberries - Jonathan's Organic (Rochester, MA)
- Parsnips - Atlas Farm (South Deerfield, MA)
- Potatoes - Atlas Farm (South Deerfield, MA)
- Turnips - Atlas Farm (South Deerfield, MA)
- Carrots - Deep Root Organic Co-op (Johnson, VT)
- Beets - Foote Brook Farm (Johnson, VT)
- Empire Apples - Dwight Miller & Son Orchards (E. Dummerston, VT)
- Bosc Pears - Dwight Miller & Son Orchards (E. Dummerston, VT)
Fall and winter veggies add a wonderful flavor and heartiness to soups, stews, and roasts. There are countless healthy and delicious recipes you can try out with these seasonal items, such as Root Veggie Chowder, Curried Turnips, and more! We also love to let the veggies stand on their own in a simple roasted vegetable medley.
Wanna learn more? Check out our recipes page where you can browse by item and get some inspiration for your next locally-sourced meal! Also, if you have a great fall/winter recipe that you'd like to share, feel free to send it our way to firstname.lastname@example.org.