Hey there locavores! Check out what we’ve got in this week’s Dogma Box, a box of produce that’s organic and sourced as locally as possible.
This week’s Dogma Box includes:
- Carrots - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Beets - Nature's Circle Farm (Houlton, ME)
- Yukon Gold Potatoes - Happy Valley Organics (Whately, MA)
- Red Onions – Porter Farms (Elba, NY)
- Parsnips - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Sunchokes – Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Black Radishes - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Rutabaga - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Empire Apples - Dwight Miller and Son Orchards (E. Dummerston, VT)
- Mutsu Apple - Dwight Miller and Son Orchards (E. Dummerston, VT)
Eating locally during the winter can have its challenges, but the rewards are tremendous. Here are some recipes that you might want to try out with your Dogma Box this week:
Hearty Rutabaga, Carrot, Parsnip and Sausage Soup - A simple and hearty soup recipe for your root veggies! Sausage is optional, of course.
Oven-Roasted Potatoes and Beets with Garlic-Lemon-Thyme Dressing - The fresh flavors of lemon, garlic, and thyme provide a beautiful complement to the comforting flavors of oven-roasted roasted potatoes and beets.
Sunchoke Pasta Sauce - A creative way to bring the sunchoke flavor to any pasta dish. Toss this sauce with your choice of whole wheat pasta and veggies, and you've got yourself a tasty, healthy meal!
Black Radish Chips – With nothing more than black radishes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a little salt & pepper, these chips are easy to make and feature the black radish flavor with a satisfying crisp!
Happy eating from your friends at Boston Organics!