Regional organic produce is getting more and more colorful as we approach spring! Fresh basil, red cabbage, and Mung Bean sprouts really make this week's box a treat.
This week’s Dogma Box includes:
- Mung Bean sprouts - Jonathan's Organic (Rochester, MA)
- Basil - Happy Valley Organic Coop (Whately, MA)
- Yellow onions - Porter Farms (Elba, NY)
- Red cabbage - Porter Farms (Elba, NY)
- Beets - Nature's Circle Farm (Houlton, ME)
- Sunchokes - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Carrots - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Yukon Gold potatoes - Vanco Farms (Prince Edward Island, Canada)
- Empire apples - Dwight Miller & Son Orchards (E. Dummerston, VT)
- Mutsu apples - Dwight Miller & Son Orchards (E. Dummerston, VT)
Here are some recipes that you might want to try out with all of that delicious local produce this week:
Potato and Onion Frittata
A frittata is a versatile way to use your veggies. This recipe calls for basil, potatoes, and onions, but there's always room to mix it up!
Sauteed Sunchokes with Garlic and Bay Leaves
A simple and tasty recipe from Mr. Jamie Oliver. Serve as a side dish or over pasta!
Savor the flavor of beets all year long by pickling them!
Red Cabbage and Apples
Adapted from a German dish called Blaukraut, this is a delicious sweet and sour combination of red cabbage, apples, and onion.
For the Mung Bean sprouts, you can add them to salads, throw them in stir fries, make spring rolls, Asian-inspired soups, and more!
For more recipes, check out the Produce Info, Storage Tips and Recipes section on our website and browse recipes by item. Here you can find nutritional information, preparation tips, and recipes for each produce item we offer.
What are you cooking this week? Feel free to share with us at any time!
Happy eating from your friends at Boston Organics!