We had a fantastic employee appreciation breakfast yesterday! This company-wide breakfast featured dishes made by Boston Organics employees, including plenty of our organic fruits and veggies. We enjoyed freshly squeezed organic OJ, whole wheat pancakes with VT maple syrup, cheese grits, apple bread, hash browns, and veggie frittatas galore!
Our Customer Service superstar Amy M. put tons of her veggies to use in 3 different frittatas for our breakfast yesterday. A frittata is like a crustless quiche, and it's one of the easiest ways to enjoy a variety of vegetables that you have in your fridge. Amy made:
- Broccoli, Onion, and Tomato Frittata with Cheddar
- Kale, Onion, and Sweet Potato Frittata with Monterey Jack
- Mushroom and Onion Frittata with Swiss Cheese
These frittatas used the same basic recipe, which Amy has graciously shared with us! Feel free to adapt this recipe based on whatever you have on hand.
Basic Vegetable Frittata
- Veggies of your choice, cut into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 eggs (Amy used Pete & Gerry's organic eggs)
- 4 oz cheese of your choice, grated (Sharp cheddar, Swiss, and Monterey Jack work well)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. On the stove top over medium heat, add olive oil (1 tbsp) to a saute pan.
3. Sauté diced onions & garlic until translucent (5-10 min).
4. Add small, bite-sized veggies of your choice, seasoning with a little salt each time a new veggie is added in. Cook for approximately 5-10 min, or until veggies are soft. Once veggies are cooked, reduce heat to low.
5. Beat eggs in mixing bowl and season with some salt and pepper.
6. Add eggs to saute pan & stir continuously to incorporate all veggies until eggs begin to set. At this point they will look almost like runny scrambled eggs. Remove from heat.
7. Pour half of egg/veggie mixture into pie pan or casserole dish (greased with butter or olive oil).
8. Add some grated cheese (Neighborly Farms cheddar is de-lish!).
9. Pour the rest of egg/veggie mixture on top. Top with some more cheese.
10. Put pie pan/casserole dish into the preheated oven & cook for approximately 12-20 minutes until top and edges begin to turn slightly golden. Baking time may vary.