Our Dogma Box includes produce sourced as close to Boston as possible throughout the year. Similar to a CSA, this box is filled with the best organic produce from local and regional farms.
This week's Dogma Box includes some of the cold weather root crops that we've been enjoying throughout the winter along with fresh flavors of cucumbers and Jonathan's Munchin' Mix of sprouts! These sprouts are a refreshing mix of peas, lentils, and adzuki beans, and they make a delicious and nutritious snack and salad topping.
This week’s Dogma Box contains:
- Empire Apples - Dwight Miller Orchards (E. Dummerston, VT)
- Sunchokes - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Cucumbers - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Parsnips - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Potatoes - Nature's Circle Farm (Houlton, ME)
- Beets - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Sprouts - Jonathan's Organics (Rochester, MA)
- Rutabaga - Nature's Circle Farm (Houlton, ME)
Why isn't there more variety this time of year?
Sourcing locally can be a great challenge during the springtime in New England. We're currently in a transitional period for local produce, as farmers are preparing for the local season ahead and most crops haven't started yet. While this means we have a ton of great local produce to look forward to, in the interim it can be difficult to find a wide variety of crops to include in the Dogma Box. Fortunately, over the next few weeks we will start to see more signs of spring with fresh herbs and more veggie varieties as they come into season.
We hope you enjoy this delicious bounty of New England farms!