Our Dogma Box includes organic fruits and vegetables sourced as close to Boston as possible throughout the year. Similar to a CSA or farm share, this box is filled with the best organic produce from local and regional farms each week.
This week our Dogma Box customers get their first official taste of spring with spring-dug parsnips! It's been a particularly long, cold winter in Massachusetts which makes the parsnips that much sweeter and tastier. To learn more about spring-dug parsnips, check out our blog post: Candy of the Root Crop.
This week’s Dogma Box contains:
- Carrots - Red Fire Farm (Granby, MA)
- Gilfeather Rutabagas - Red Fire Farm (Granby, MA)
- Spring-Dug Parsnips - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Turnips - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Onions - Porter Farms (Elba, NY)
- Potatoes - Nature’s Circle Farm (Houlton, ME)
- Sunchokes - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Black Radishes - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Empire Apples – Dwight Miller Orchards (East Dummerston, VT)
The ground has thawed and our local farmers are planting their spring and summer crops. Check back every week to see what's fresh, organic, AND local - and watch the seasons change.