Our Dogma Box includes organic fruits and vegetables sourced as close to Boston as possible throughout the year. Similar to a CSA or farm share, this box is filled with the best organic produce from local and regional farms each week.
Chives have insect-repelling properties which make them a useful plant on organic farms. Chives also have human-attracting properties which make them a useful herb in almost every meal! The chives in this week's Dogma Box are grown locally at Happy Valley Organics in Hadley, MA.
This week’s Dogma Box contains:
- Spring-Dug Parsnips – Blue Ox Farm (Enfield, NH)
- Chives - Happy Valley Organics (Whately, MA)
- Potatoes - Nature's Circle Farm (New Limerick, ME)
- Black Radishes - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Carrots - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Tomatoes – Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Sunchokes - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Onions - Porter Farms (Elba, NY)
- Empire Apples – Dwight Miller Orchards (East Dummerston, VT)
Don't underestimate those potatoes. The Adirondack Red potatoes in this week's box have a vibrant red flesh and a great taste. Use them in our recipe for Lentil and Vegetable Soup and top it with some Chive Yogurt for a colorful, delicious, and filling meal!