Our Dogma Box includes organic fruits and vegetables sourced as close to Boston as possible throughout the year. Similar to a CSA or farm share, this box is filled with the best organic produce from local and regional farms each week.
This week’s Dogma Box contains:
- Heirloom Tomatoes (Queen's Greens, MA)
- Asian Eggplant (The Kitchen Garden, MA)
- Cucumbers (The Kitchen Garden, MA)
- Bell Peppers (Riverland Farm, MA)
- Cantaloupe (Riverland Farm, MA)
- Collard Greens (Atlas Farm, MA)
- Romaine Lettuce (Atlas Farm, MA)
- Blueberries (Burke Hill Farm, ME)
- Corn (Lakeside Organics of Hadley, MA)
What's new at the farms:
Picture Credit: Boston Organics; Joe Czajkowski
The Czajkowski family sure does have a green thumb! Lakeside Organics of Hadley was founded by John Czajkowski and originally grew tobacco, potatoes, and cucumbers. Today, Joe (pictured above) runs the farm and also operates Joe Czajkowski Farm, while his brother Wally operates his own neighboring farm! Joe has been able to process some of his produce by selling peeled and chopped butternut squash and carrot sticks. From June to July, his farm opens up to customers who want to pick their own strawberries!
Picture Credit: Boston Organics; Butternut squash at Lakeside Organics of Hadley
Why do you eat local? Share in the comments below!