Our Dogma Box includes organic fruits and vegetables sourced as close to Boston as possible throughout the year. Similar to a CSA or farm share, this box is filled with the best organic produce from local and regional farms each week.
The English cucumbers in this week's Dogma Box are long, skinny, and super crunchy. Nearly seedless, this thin-skinned variety of cucumber is known for its easy preparation and mild flavor. Grown in greenhouses heated with geothermal energy, these cukes are a real winter treat!
This week's Dogma Box contains:
- Mixed Radishes - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Parsnips - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Turnips - Winter Moon Farm (Hadley, MA)
- Onions - Porter Farms (Elba, NY)
- Carrots - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Cucumbers - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Sunchokes - Deep Root Organic Coop (Johnson, VT)
- Empire Apples - Dwight Miller Orchards (East Dummerston, VT)
Though English cucumbers don't hold up well when pickled, they make great additions to salads and can even be used in our Creamy Cucumber Soup! As the seasons change, so do the contents of our Dogma Box. Come back next Tuesday to see what's fresh, organic, and local.