Our Local Dogma Box includes organic fruits and vegetables sourced as close to Boston as possible throughout the year. Similar to a CSA or farm share, this box is filled with the best organic produce from local and regional farms and brought right to your door each week.
Even as our organic farm partners face colder weather and heavy rains, they continue to harvest beautiful fruits and vegetables for the Boston Organics Community!
You can celebrate the last few days of New England sunshine with a spicy arugula and watermelon salad or settle in with a warm bowl of potato leek soup as the rain starts to fall.
No matter the weather, this week's Dogma Box has all of the best local organic ingredients for a memorable fall meal.
This week’s Dogma Box contains:
(Click links for storage tips and recipe ideas)
- Arugula – Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Carrots – Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Lettuce – Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Potatoes – Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Watermelon Radishes – Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Sage – Happy Valley Organics (Whately, MA)
- Alfalfa Sprouts – Jonathan's Sprouts (Rochester, MA)
- Cranberries – Jonathan's Sprouts (Rochester, MA)
- Leeks – Porter Farms (Elba, NY)
- McIntosh Apples – Dwight Miller Orchards (E. Dummerston, VT)
Fresh sage adds a wonderful depth of flavor to stews, soups and roasts. The sage from Happy Valley Organics goes especially well with the leeks from Atlas Farm in this recipe for Simple Leek and Sage Risotto.